Saturday 22 August 2009

Sunnyfields farmers market

Hi

I went to Sunnyfields farmers market today for the first time. It was a quiet day as there were a lot of events on today, including the Bournemouth air show. I only sold 2 crates of apples and 5 kg of Damson plums, but not too bad for a first visit on a quiet day, and a few people expressed interest in the apples and I directed them to this blog and the web site.

I expect to be at Sunnyfields ( http://www.sunnyfields.co.uk/) most Saturdays from now to Christmas or until we run out of fruit this season whichever comes first.

Next Saturday I expect to have the last of this years Laxton's Epicure, some sweet yellow plums (unknown variety, believed to be Warwickshire Drooper) Ellisons Orange, Saint Edmund's Russet soime Bramleys and possibly a few other things, may even have a few hazel nuts form the orchard hedgerows. I will try to remember to bring a box or 2 of marked apples to offer half price for juicing. I may bring some unpasteurised apple juice if I can find time to pres some on Friday afternoon.

We also expect to be at Winchester farmers Market on the Sunday

web site http://www.fruitwise.net for more details of varieties etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Fruitwise Heritage Apples blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I will try to respond where appropriate but FAQs may have been already addressed in my YouTube videos or the http://www.fruitwise.net site. Remember, I am not a professional fruit grower, only an enthusiastic experienced amateur. Any and all advice is offered freely and with sincere good faith, but remember I might be mistaken, and my preferences,
soil and climate may be different from yours which would diminish the relevance of my advice, so check other sources before acting. In any event, I am not responsible for any outcomes!

Kind regards to all.