Tuesday 21 June 2011

much needed rain and graft after care

The weather has been lovely lately-beautiful rain! It would have been perfect if we could have had half of it a month ago, but our water butts are full (for the vegetables) and ht eearth and trees refreshed.

I must take some still photos to upload here, for the last few years I have concentrated on the YouTube channel whcih has developed quite an international following with 1,600 subscribers and 1,890,000 views so far.

The latest video I posted yesterday is also the longest ever at 15 minutes, and that was after editing. Several people have tried their hand at grafting after watching my videos, and I was getting a few requests about troubleshooting and after care. I'll see if I can post a link.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the information you provide Stephen. I've been inspired to start a few plums and two pears since viewing your videos.

    I've found the land use laws in Britain to be confusing. I ran across another article which helped me to understand why you and your wife are not permanently located on site. In Canada, the banks merely ask for a 40% down payment on all land as opposed to 5% for city dwellings. I hope one day you are able to navigate around onerous laws.

    Thanks again,

    Collin in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Injunction-end-month/story-12812676-detail/story.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Fruitwise Heritage Apples blog. Feel free to leave a comment, I will try to respond where appropriate but FAQs may have been already addressed in my YouTube videos or the http://www.fruitwise.net site. Remember, I am not a professional fruit grower, only an enthusiastic experienced amateur. Any and all advice is offered freely and with sincere good faith, but remember I might be mistaken, and my preferences,
soil and climate may be different from yours which would diminish the relevance of my advice, so check other sources before acting. In any event, I am not responsible for any outcomes!

Kind regards to all.